Snoop Robby Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deeds Undone

Andy Reid has decided to go for the jugular against Jacksonville this week and make Michael Vick his top dog. Reid explained that Kevin Kolb is not in the doghouse, but rather Vick just seemed to "electrify the team." It's hard to disagree. The team seemed hungrier when Vick was leading the pack.

"He played with a ferocity that can only be taught," Reid said. "He just grabbed the opportunity and wouldn't let go."

"I just wanted to go out there and show the team what I can do," Vick said. "I knew that I was on a short leash and any mistakes could kill my chances to be a starter."

As for Kolb, he'll just have to lick his wounds and hope that he can eventually have his day. "It's not like I'm getting taken out back and shot," he said. "I've still got a future as a starting quarterback in this league."

Even with Kolb's potential, Vick's stellar play backed the Eagles into a corner. The decision they made to go with Vick proves, once again, that when it comes to being an NFL quarterback, it's a dog eat dog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment